News and Events Archive
Call for 2016 Sites Proposals(2013-09-27)
The Future Sites Committee of the Agricultural History Society invites proposals to host the annual meeting of the organization in 2016. The host of the 2016 conference will have the opportunity to build on the successes of meetings held in places like Boston, Massachusetts; Reno, Nevada; Little Rock, Arkansas; and Banff, Alberta. The 2014 and 2015 meetings will be held in Provo, Utah, and Lexington, Kentucky, respectively. Those interested in making a bid to host the conference should contact the Future Sites Committee chair, Cynthia Prescott (firstname.lastname@example.org) for guidelines and other information.
The deadline for proposals is January 1, 2014.
Proposals to host the conference should consist of the following information:
1. Proposed dates
2. Rationale for hosting the conference
3. Proposed members of local organizing committee
4. Proposed venues (including information on number, capacity, and A/V capabilities of spaces)
5. Food and accommodation arrangements (and where relevant, transportation)
6. Ideas for hosting receptions and field trip excursions
7. Funding / sponsorship plan
8. Indication of institutional support
9. Preliminary budget
Past proposals are available upon request.